Social influence: leadership, power, conformity and
Through completing this module you should be able to:
- name the main theories of social influence
- describe how these theories are used to explain how people
influence each other's behaviour.
- describe the main theories of persuasion
- describe the term 'group influence' and the main research into
- analyse the different forms of 'diffusion of responsibility' on
an individual’s behaviour
- describe the difference between obedience and conformity
- name the major studies into conformity and obedience
- name the factors that impact on rates of conformity and
- compare the main theories of leadership and have some knowledge
of the research that underpins them
- name the different forms of power and be able to give examples
of these in action.