Pharmacokinetics: Part 1 – introduction
This module aims to give you a better understanding of the
important aspects of pharmacokinetics as relevant to the MRCPsych
exams, and, hopefully, for the rest of your career.
By the end of the module, you should be able to:
- describe the general principles of absorption, distribution,
metabolism and elimination
- describe the pharmacokinetic factors affecting drug
- list a comparison of routes of administration from a
pharmacokinetic point of view
- employ the above listed principles to evaluate and select
optimum routes of administration of medication
- understand and outline other factors such as age, culture and
ethnicity, and how these affect pharmacokinetics.